Study Island has partnered with the Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA) to offer a fully integrated solution that uses a student’s Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) assessment results to create an individualized learning path, delivered through the Study Island program. (If your school has not purchased the NWEA MAP Link, please contact your Educational Consultant.) Once your school’s admin has imported your student’s results from NWEA, each student will receive a unique Learning Path within Study Island based on their individual MAP Rasch unit (RIT) scores.
Before importing your school’s NWEA Map Scores:
- Save the NWEA Map Scores excel file to your computer. The file you receive from NWEA should automatically include the following required fields:
- (goals up to goal 8 will be stored)
- You may also add the following optional columns to the file for display purposes only:
- Confirm that your students' Study Island SIS Primary Key matches the Student IDs used with NWEA. If they do not match, students will not be able to view their Learning Paths.
To import NWEA Map Scores into Study Island:
- Log in to Study Island and click "Admin Page" on the left side of the page.
- On the Admin Functions tab under Administration, click “NWEA MAP Link.”
- In the middle of the page, click "Browse" next to the "Select the file to import" field, to locate and select your NWEA Map Score file.
- Title the import and select your state. The title of your import will help you to differentiate the multiple imports you will do during the school year.
- Click "Import my NWEA MAP File."
- When the import is complete, you will see a green message across the top of the page stating the import was successful.
To locate the file once it has been imported, click “NWEA MAP Link” on the Admin Functions tab on the Admin Page, then scroll down and look under "Assessments Import." From here you will be able to edit the import title, deactivate or activate the import, export the imported file, preview each student's pathway and delete the import from the system.
Teachers and admins can view students’ progress by going to the "School Reports" page and clicking "NWEA MAP Link Report."
Students will automatically see their Learning Path upon login, where it will appear as a class titled “My NWEA MAP Learning Path.” Students will click the class link to view their Learning Paths.